I’ve come to the conclusion that if I want to eat properly in this house, I just have to come to terms with this fan oven and uncontrollable ceramic hob so am doing my best to get back into the cooking swing. Last Monday I decided to whip up a lovely pasta dish because exactly what we all need after Christmas is LOADSA CARBS. I’m not even exaggerating – the recipe said it made for 2 but in actual fact I quickly realised that 350g of tagliatelle would instead make for a small army.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 tbsp olive oil
Tin of chopped tomatoes
Medium onion, finely chopped
500g prawns, cooked and peeled
250g creme fraiche
Glass of white wine
Here’s how to do it (in my rather laidback words):
1) Heat a pan of water for the tagliatelle, add to pan and cook through until it reaches the texture you like
2) In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a separate pan and add to it the chopped onion, cooking for around 5 minutes to soften
3) Add the tomatoes and wine and simmer for 20 minutes to thicken and reduce
4) Stir through 250g creme fraiche to warm
5) Add the prawns and heat through for 5 minutes
6) Drain your pasta and mix together with the sauce
This was delicious and very quick and easy – if I had any minor criticism it could have done with a bit of flavour, perhaps garlic or chili/paprika. So next time I make it I’ll experiment a little to see what works. It made absolutely masses of food. OH and I have very healthy appetites so we had a big plateful each and there was plenty left for me to take to work for my lunch the next day and him to eat when he came in from football that night.
PS, promise to work on my food photography – it’s so hard when there’s food waiting to be devoured and we have a teensy kitchen!