Back in January, I was taunting all my colleagues as we resumed work after the New Year saying “well, Christmas will be here again soon enough”. And so it came to pass – how is it October already?
In the past this hasn’t been my favourite time of year, suffering from SAD and cold intolerance, but I have a renewed vigour. Whilst unfortunately I can’t do anything to combat my constant feelings of cold there is so much to look forward to this month so here’s to focusing on the positive.
- It’s my Mum’s birthday on 12th October so we’re looking forward to seeing her later in the month and taking her out somewhere lovely for dinner. My Mum and Step-dad live in the Northamptonshire countryside so a weekend there always feels like a minibreak away from London
- We’re going to see Priscilla Queen of the Desert at the Wimbledon Theatre. I saw this musical twice when it was showing in the West End and absolutely love it – the music, the costumes, the story and the laughs. It’s such a wonderful, feel-good night out.
- I’m off to Munich for work later in the month, each year we run a big conference at different locations throughout EMEA and this year it’s Germany. It will be hard work but we’re such a great team and I know it will be a lot of fun. Plus, as Pete is loosely involved with the company I work for, he’s coming too for the first couple of days. I’ve never been to Munich before so will try to sight-see where possible.
- Testing out the log burner! I can’t wait to see how toasty it feels in the living room with a real fire for the first time and October may just be the month
- And last, but by NO means least, meeting this beautiful little lady above. My niece Florence, the first child for my brother and his partner, born on September 7th. We’ll go to stay with my Mum as my brother lives nearby and I can’t wait to have lots of baby cuddles. Pete and I have a brood of nephews and godsons with just the one niece prior to Florence so it’s great to balance it all out.
What are you looking forward to this month? Inspire me!