I’m on a mission, if I choose to accept it. Christmas is right around the corner and there are a whole load of little bits and pieces around the house I’d love to get done beforehand. Unfortunately settling down to Christmas in a finished house is a far off point in the future (bar a Euromillions win) but it would be lovely to put my feet up on Christmas Day knowing that the next project we tackle could be something a bit more substantial.
Here’s my DIY countdown to Christmas, thankfully most involve painting so it shouldn’t be impossible.
The Living Room
- Fill and paint the living room windowsill and repaint the bay window walls
- Finish filling around the door frame where the light switch was moved and painting the last two walls
- Choose a log basket/holder and companion set for the fireplace
- Repaint the windowsill and woodwork with a proper wood paint (the kitchen was the first thing I painted and used the same paint on every available surface, oops!)
- Clean the backdoor, window and frames with PVC cleaner
- Touch up the plaster and paintwork where we’ve replaced the light switches
- Reseal the floor where its come away by the back door
- We still don’t have a wood store and I don’t want to be making trips to B&Q every 5 minutes for more logs!!
- I really want to finish stripping the spindles in my never-ending staircase restoration project. This is turning into my most
epicridiculous idea ever but we’ll see it through and it will look amazing!
- We’re all but done with this room but I just can’t make up my mind with pin boards, this one is amazing for a colourful addition to our grey walls but then I came across this one via Instagram and I love it! Decisions, decisions.
- Painting the windowsill which is now finally wooden after the window fitters pulled out the nasty plastic one that was there
- Fitting a new plug socket to replace the whole in the wall
- Finish filling around the door frame where the light switches were moved
- Finish painting the walls
- Repaint the ceiling where its flaked away
- Fix and hang the blind
And that’s it! It will definitely keep us busy but they’re all pretty small tasks that we just keep putting off and now I’m just fed up of paint and brushes lying around for weeks on end between one job and the next.
So please cross you fingers and hopefully I’ll be back on Christmas Eve to tick them all off.
Do you have lots of little jobs that you keep putting off?
Click here to visit our webshop, DaisychainBaby.co.uk